Web Services - Top Ten Reasons
Below are our top ten reasons why you should have a website:
1. Save time: You and your customers save time and money when compared to Fax, telephone, and postal
mail. People can access information and communicate with you any time of day or night. Busy people prefer
the time flexibility to deal with email communication. No more voice mail, huge phone bills or waiting!
2. Customer service: Your customers can find out basic information about your business without having to
phone, e-mail or fax you! Instead, you will hear from people who are already interesting in doing business
3. Online marketing: Simply having a Web site will not achieve your business goals. If your Web site is
designed and marketed properly, people will find and visit your Web site instead of your competitors. More
than 85% of Web surfers use search engines to find what they are looking for on the Web. A professional
Web designer can do this for you - an amateur may not know how, or may consider it not important.
4. Communicating: Modern businesses know that Web based information and online communication is
imperative to their daily activities with customers and suppliers. Futurists predict that companies not on the
Web will disappear.
5. Affordable: Anyone can now afford a Web site. With a professional designed Web site, no one knows or
cares if you are small or large, only if you sell what they want at a competitive price. Companies with a Web
site and E-mail address can attract people they could never hope to reach before.
6. Save money: You can provide more information about your products or services! Updates with new
information can be made on your website quickly and easily - at considerable cost saving over printed
7. New business: Busy people are searching for products and services online rather than using traditional
means. Internet users are doubling every 18 months; content has doubled every 12 months; E-commerce
has doubled every 6 months; bandwidth has doubled every 4 months!
8. Online sales: Customers can order online, use query forms, or make online enquiries. Unlike a shop, a
website is open for business 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
9. Modern business: A Web site on your business cards, advertising and printed material tells the world
that you are a modern company in touch with the latest technologies.
10. Develop traffic to your business: If you have an entry level Web site that mirrors existing brochures
it may bring low rewards. If you provide related value-added information of interest to your audience on your
website, it will bring people back again. Bookmarks from related business sites will increase traffic to your